The Right2Know Campaign is an umbrella group of organisations and activists mobilising and advocating for access to information and against secrecy in government and the private sector. R2K is best known for leading the civil society campaign on the Secrecy Bill, but its work has expanded to tackle broader issues relating to freedom of expression, media freedom and diversity and the free flow of information.
R2K is seeking to appoint a new national coordinator to be based in our Cape Town office.
- Coordinating a national advocacy strategy on freedom of expression/access to information issues
- Planning and coordinating events – from strategy conferences to street protests
- Budget management
- Coordinating fundraising
- Providing support and capacity building to R2K provincial structures
- Liaising with media representatives and acting as a spokesperson for the organisation
- Monitoring political events and legislative developments that affect the right to know
- Must have a deep personal commitment to the democratic principles of the R2K Campaign
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent written/verbal communication
- Previous experience in an activist/campaigning environment
- Experience in fundraising and donor management is highly desirable
- Should be willing to work non-conventional office hours
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment is a necessity
Closing date: Friday 7 September
To apply, please submit a CV and brief personal statement to Tinashe Njanji via firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, and R2K reserves the right not to make an appointment.