It’s crunch time for the Secrecy bill! The NCOP in Parliament is finalising its deliberations on this contentious bill, with an aim to vote it through in September 2012.
The struggle against the draconian clauses of the Secrecy Bill has been waged, relentlessly, by civil society over the past two years. Many gains have been made but the bill continues to pose a threat to open, accountable, responsive democracy. (See our summary of concerns here)
Join R2K members and supporters for a mass meeting to mark a final push against the Secrecy bill and our campaign’s second anniversary.
PLACE: Central Methodist Church, Greenmarket Sq, Cape Town.
CONTACT: Nkwame (R2K Western Cape) 0782276008
SPREAD THE WORD ON FACEBOOK!
- The Most Revd Thabo Makgoba (Anglican Archbishop of Cape Town)
- Mhlobo Gunguluzi (Gugulethu Backyarders)
- Zackie Achmat (Ndifuna Ukuwazi)
- Roegshanda Pascoe (Proudly Mannenberg)
- Ronnie Kasrils (former Minister of Intelligence)
- Vuyiseka Dubula (TAC)
- Ashley Louw (Delft Integrated Network)
- Mathilda Groepe (Blikkiesdorp Concerned Residents)
This rally is happening directly after the Marikana Solidarity March to Parliament, starting at 10am on Keizergracht St. For more info contact the Cape Town Marikana Solidarity Committee, 0828702025/0823683429