The right2Know Campaign wants to appoint a qualified administrator with a minimum of 3 years relevant experience to provide administrative and basic bookkeeping support to the Campaign’s national and provincial structures.
This full time post is based in Salt River, Cape Town and pays R12000 pm before tax.
- Providing administrative support to various processes and events undertaken by Campaign activists;
- Processing payments, and maintaining financial records including a list of pending creditors, debtors and advances that must be reconciled;
- Maintaining the Campaign’s information systems including a database of supporters, various email lists, minutes of various meetings and records of various activities, as well as updating the R2K website from time to time.
- Stakeholder interaction, managing correspondence and fielding queries;
- Minimum of three years relevant experience, preferably in a similar environment;
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills with multilingualism being an advantage;
- Ability to self-manage and multi-task, pay attention to detail, planning, organising and time management;
- Strong computer skills essential (MS Word, MS Excel, E-mail and Internet);
- Ability to maintain good working relationship and work with volunteer activists in flexible team environments is a necessity;
- Ability to navigate social media platforms is advantageous;
- Ideally should bring a commitment to the democratic principles of the R2K Campaign, as well as an understanding of issues relating to the right to know;
- Driver’s licence, code 8, would be an advantage.
The Right2Know is offering the opportunity to have a real impact on the challenges facing South Africa from within a dynamic environment and supportive team.
To apply, submit a CV with contactable references to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 19 August 2013. Short listed applicants will be contacted. For more information visit www.r2k.org.za, queries: 0214471000.