The Right2Know Campaign (R2K) is looking for an experienced Operations Coordinator to oversee the day-to-day operations and financial management of the organisation to support efficient and effective campaigning efforts and ensure R2K continues to grow as a vibrant democratic Campaign.
This is an opportunity to work with committed activists around the country to support popular campaigns that have a real impact on the challenges facing South Africa at this critical period in our democracy.
Amongst others, major duties and responsibilities include:
- Work with R2K staff and leaders to maintain effective participatory decision-making processes characterised by transparency and accountability;
- Review & develop R2K’s operational policies and procedures, and support implementation.
- Oversee the planning, implementation and evaluation of the organisation’s operations.
- Oversee the development of budgets and financial reports, and monitor spending.
- Prepare funding proposals and reports;
- Review and maintain Human Resource systems;
- Review and maintain R2K’s information management system to ensure the Campaign’s work and contacts are well documented and readily available for use;
- Ensure campaign resources are available to staff and activists to full their mandate;
- Manage the National Administrator and support Provincial Administrators and Coordinators;
- Procurement & office management;
- Ensure R2K complies with various statutory obligations.
The candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Minimum 3 years proven experience in a comparable position in the non-profit field;
- Experience working in democratic activists spaces and commitment to the democratic principles of the R2K Campaign;
- In-depth knowledge of non-profit governance and general management best practice;
- Strong understanding of financial management and auditing – the ability to work with Pastel Accounting and Payroll will be an advantage.
- Experience in developing and evaluating strategic and operational plans;
- Understand performance management principles and maintain good working relationships with staff and volunteer activists in flexible team environments;
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills with multilingualism being an advantage;
- Ability to self-manage and multi-task, pay attention to detail, planning, organising and time management;
- Strong computer skills essential (word processing, spreadsheets, e-mail and Internet);
- A relevant tertiary qualification;
- A driver’s licence would be an advantage.
The successful candidate will be based at our National Office in Salt River, Cape Town.
To apply send your CV with 3 contactable references and a cover letter outlining how you meet the requirements listed above to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12h00 on Wednesday 15 February.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. R2K reserves the right not to make an appointment. For more information visit www.r2k.org.za, queries: 0214471000.
For an overview of the R2K and how we work together see our introduction to the Campaign: http://www.r2k.org.za/induction.
For more information about R2K’s operations and finances see our audited financials and the internal reviews contained in our annual reflections: http://www.r2k.org.za/reports/.