The Right2Know Campaign is an umbrella group of organisations and activists campaigning to advance the free flow of information in South Africa. R2K is best known for leading the civil society campaign on the Secrecy Bill, but its work has expanded to tackle broader issues relating to access to information, freedom of expression, and the free flow of information. (Find out more at www.r2k.org.za.)
The Right2Know Campaign wants to appoint a qualified Administrator with relevant experience to provide administrative and basic bookkeeping support to the Gauteng Provincial structure in our Johannesburg Office.
- Financial administration – budget preparation, management and distribution of funds received from national office, timeous reconciliation of all expenditure.
- Event logistics – booking venues, organizing refreshments for events and arranging transport to attend workshops and events.
- Maintaining the Campaign’s information systems including a database of supporters and various email and WhatsApp lists.
- Taking minutes in Provincial meetings and ensuring their timely distribution, along with all relevant messages and reports.
- General office administration – answering phones, ordering stationary, maintaining and managing organisational materials/products.
- Participating in and contributing to, all relevant meetings and teleconferences of both Provincial and National structures
- Diploma or certificate in Book-keeping, Office Administration or similar qualification
- Work experience in book-keeping and office administration
- Skills in report writing, budget preparation, data entry and event logistics
- Basic knowledge and experience in working with MS Excel
- Computer literacy, including competence in using Microsoft Office
- Ability to self-manage and multi-task, pay attention to detail, planning, organising and time management;
- Ability to maintain good working relationship and work with volunteer activists in flexible team environments is a necessity;
- Ability to navigate social media platforms is advantageous;
- Attention to detail
- Ideally should bring a commitment to the democratic principles of the R2K Campaign, as well as an understanding of issues relating to the right to know;
A written skills test will be conducted for interview candidates.
This is an opportunity to work with committed activists around the country to support popular campaigns that have a real impact on the challenges facing South Africa at this critical period in our democracy.
To apply send your CV with 3 contactable references and a cover letter outlining how you meet the requirements listed above to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12h00 on Thursday 20 July 2017.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. R2K reserves the right not to make an appointment. For more information visit www.r2k.org.za