The Right2Protest Project (R2P) is a coalition which aims to provide legal advice to support the right to protest.
R2P’s objectives are:
- To provide legal support and solidarity to communities in exercising the right to protest
- To hold public and private actors accountable in fulfilling their obligations to ensure the right to protest is upheld
- To expose and respond to efforts to inhibit the right to protest
- To create, maintain, publicise and utilise a repository of data, analysis and resources related to the right to protest
The scope of R2P’s work includes providing legal support and solidarity to communities in exercising the right to protest. R2P provided legal assistance through our network of attorneys during the 2016 #Feesmustfall protests. Since its inception in October 2016, R2P has assisted 484 protestors with legal assistance.
Before protesting, equip yourself with information!
Protest Hotline Number: 0800 212 111
R2P member organisations
- Centre for Applied Legal Studies (CALS)
- Freedom of Expression Institute (FXI)
- Lawyers for Human Rights (LHR)
- Right2Know Campaign (R2K)